Penguin Sweaters

Knitters are some of the most giving people I have ever seen and heard of. I've met many fantastic ladies at my LYS and it continues to amaze me the lengths taken to help others in need with our skill. I just read an article on MSN.com reporting an oil spill in New Zealand. The spill has devestated many small penguins among other bird species in the area after a container ship ran aground near the east coast of the country's North Island. Skeinz a local yarn shop in the area called on all knitters to help these tiny birds keep warm and keep from pruning their contaminated feathers! AMAZING!! Just look at these turtle-necked cuties, their plight is such a sad one when something like this happens.


If you're looking to support this cause, you can find specifications as well as an address to send your adorable and helpful creations, here. Thank you MSN.com and Skeinz for bringing attention to such a worthy cause!

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what an incredible photo. They are so cute. I feel so sorry for the little cuties. I know in our case of BP oil spill it was the fault of man, corporation and the all mighty dollar.
    You have made my day with such sweet photos. Thanks for sharing. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! Aren't they precious! It's so great to see the beautiful art of knitting helping little friends in need!

    ReplyDelete